Walking around open markets in a fresh, cool winter breeze, and catching a good glimpse of what is in season. Following nature is something that I always abide by, in my eating habits…
These are a few of my favourite things…
This recipe is easy and quick. All you need is sprouts, apples and some nice lean bacon…
Perfect side dish for Christmas lunch.
An addition to a cool and festive art de la table, equally important to the fresh flowers and your favourite tableware!
Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Apples & Bacon
700 g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 apple, cubed into 1 cm pieces
115 g bacon, cubed into 1 cm pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
sea salt, flaky
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 200℃ (400℉).
2. On the stove top, heat a large, oven-safe skillet on a medium-high temperature.
3. Brussels sprouts mixture: In a bowl toss the Brussels sprouts, apple cubes, bacon cubes, olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Add a thin layer of olive oil to the skillet; when it shimmers, add the Brussels sprouts mixture, ensuring that most of the sprouts are cut side down in the pan. Cook without stirring until they caramelise, about 4 minutes.
5. Stir the mixture. Place the skillet in the oven.
6. Roast until the Brussels sprouts are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve.
Serves 4 to 6